Strawberries & Cream

When I was a kid - which wasn't too long ago - ahem - I used to love sitting down with a big bowl of Strawberries and Cream to watch Wimbledon on the tv - little did I know I would be calling it healthy a few years later, eating it for Breakfast, and reminiscing about how I used to enjoy it as a child. Ahh... those were the days. These days I don't enjoy the tennis and just eat it whilst catching up on grown up programs like - Nashville - which is what I watched while I devoured this bowl of, fruity deliciousness. It's pretty simple like everything else on my blog, and it probably doesn't warrant an actual blog post to explain how to make it since its pretty straight forward, but I like to think of my blog as a big recipe book - since I'll probably never have a real recipe book, at least my recipes are being shared some how. Strawberries and Cream can easily be enjoyed for breakfast, or as a dessert, or simply as a snack in the Summer - or any other season.
Anyhoo... here it is

Strawberries & Cream 
Ingredients 

  • 100g - Strawberries 
  • 60ml - Double Cream, or Extra Thick Double Cream - which is what I used
  • Flaked Almonds 
  • Low Carb Sweetener 

Instructions 

  • Chop, or slice the Strawberries and place in a bowl 
  • If you use Double cream whip the cream and low carb sweetener with a mixer, or - what I use - milk frother - it really does work. Don't whip extra thick double cream, it turns thin.
  • Top the Strawberries with the Double cream and flaked almonds, a bit more sweetener if you'd like and then Enjoy. 
Simple you don't even have to whip the cream, you can just pour all over the Strawberries and enjoy it that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment