Day 3: Fat Fast

Since I have been carrying out this fat fast for the past three days I have come to learn quite a few things about myself. I’ve learned that 1000 calories a day is definitely not for me anymore , and that it is certainly not a healthy way of living – 1000 calories a day does not allow you that much food whilst eating mostly fat -- it’s also not a very healthy way to live long term – thankfully over the past year my thinking has changed dramatically and I’m all about feeding my body with all the nutrients it needs, rather than starving myself to lose weight – which is not why I was doing the fat fast in the first place. I’ve learned that if I do not eat a lot of food at regular intervals throughout the day, I turn into the devil woman – not pretty. Lastly, I have learned that carrying out stupid little fads like this fat fast is certainly not for me and I most definitely will not be doing such a thing ever again – it’s just not worth it in my opinion and experience. Am I glad that I did the fat fast? Yes – because I now know a lot more about myself than I did three days ago – had I not undergone the fat fast I would have proceeded to believe that weight loss was more important than feeding my body with the correct nutrients. Overall, I take my hat off to those people who are determined enough to carry out the fat fast for more than three days – it needs serious determination – which I no longer have when it comes to starving myself – because whether you want to believe it, or not – that’s exactly what a fat fast is. I can’t believe for one second that anyone who experiments with a fat fast can feel at all satisfied with the little food that they are supposed to eat – yes, I felt satisfied when I had my Breakfast and Dinner, but the hours in between those two meals were torture, and all I could think about was food – which isn’t healthy – and like I mentioned in a previous post – I would rather not eat all than separate every meal into 250 calories – that’s pretty impossible in my opinion and I’m pretty sure it would be mainly snacks, instead of real meals since I don’t eat meat – or land meat anyway.

Over the course of the three days of the fat fast I tried to eat the majority of my calories at Breakfast and Dinner – the two most important meals of the day – so this was a typical day for me;

Total Calories – 1003
Breakfast – 3 egg omelette with; spinach, aubergine, basil and Parmesan sprinkled on top and a little chipotle sauce. – 491 Calories
Lunch – Coffee with almond Milk and a Fatbomb – 78 Calories (The Fatbomb recipe is here)
Dinner – Courgette zoodles with; basil, garlic, cream cheese, 1 tbsp of cream and Parmesan – 312 Calories
Snacks – Keto Bounty (recipe here) and a piece of Quorn Ham - 123 Calories.

I tried to even out the calories as best as I could – and I probably could have done a better job at it than what I did -- but it worked for me, as I would try and eat Breakfast and Dinner as late in the day and night as possible.
Finally, I would just like to add that I am in no way trained in food, or nutrition and everything I say and write, is purely from my own personal experience and opinions.
Well, that’s all folks. Tomorrow (Monday) is back to normality and I’m super excited about not having to worry about sticking to 1000 calories.


KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment