Coconut Sweet Egg Wraps, with Strawberries

I was home alone again today which meant there was no one to get under my feet, or hover around me while I was cooking – this makes it so much easier to come up with new, different ideas for meals, and it also makes cooking that extra bit more enjoyable. This morning I fancied something a little different from my usual pancakes, or eggs for breakfast - and I had a ton of Strawberries in the fridge which I’d bought in the week that were slowly expiring – that’s when I concocted this delicious coconut sweet egg wrap recipe. I was a bit nervous to eat the sweetened eggs, as it is essentially a sweet omelette but I was feeling adventurous today, and since I'm as useless as a chocolate teapot when it comes to making pancake crepes, I opted for the omelette wrap – and my experimenting didn't fail me. Since beginning my weight loss journey the one ingredient which I have fallen in love with is – coconut. Coconut oil, coconut cream, coconut flour – I love it all and I especially love adding it to my sweet desserts, or breakfasts – so that’s exactly what I did today. While this recipe was delicious, I will admit that the sweetened egg wraps weren't especially sweet – which meant that there was a slight eggy taste, but nothing overbearing - although I think next time I make the egg wraps, I will add some vanilla, or a touch more sweetener. These coconut egg wraps were completely paleo and low carb – even with the strawberries

Coconut Sweet Egg Wraps with Strawberries. 


Yield2 Servings
Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
  • 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
  • 2 tbsp Almond Milk
  • Himalayan Salt
  • Low Carb Sweetener
  • Coconut Oil


Instructions
  • Beat eggs with the salt in a bowl and slowly whisk in the almond milk, low carb sweetener and desiccated coconut.
  • In a non stick or cast iron pan melt some coconut oil on a low heat and then ladle in some of the egg mixture
  • Whisk the egg mixture in the pan until the bottom is cooked and the top of the egg wrap no longer looks runny, flip and cook the other side of the egg wrap – cook the other egg wrap the same way.
  • When the egg wraps are cooked place them on a wire rack to cool and then start loading them with strawberries and coconut cream – pull both sides of the egg wraps over the strawberries and coconut cream, garnish with more desiccated coconut and serve.
  • If you wanted extra sweetness you can drizzle with maple syrup.


Enjoy!


 KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment