Asparagus Gratin with Parmigiano Reggiano

Another quick recipe for you all... Asparagus Gratin with Parmesan. This is actually my first time making Asparagus Gratin, I found it somewhere on the internet a while ago and stored it in my memory until today. The Asparagus Gratin is similar to the Creamy Cauliflower Cheese I made last week - you will find that post here.  Like I said this recipe is simple, requires very few ingredients and takes about 20-25mins. Perfect.

You can serve the Gratin on its own, or with side dishes - I opted for; Colcannon Cauliflower Mash, with a single Quorn Fillet and sautéed Mushrooms and Leeks in Butter and Thyme - It was very enjoyable and full of flavour. For the Colcannon Cauliflower mash I added; Spring Onion, Parmesan, Butter, Chives, Salt and Pepper - I would usually add some Garlic too but I had run out. 

Asparagus Gratin, with  Parmigiano Reggiano 
Now I realise the Asparagus Gratin doesn't look particularly appealing in this photo but I will be attempting this again next week and hopefully the outcome will look more visually attractive - but don't let the photo put you off because I promise you this is a very tasty Asparagus Gratin. Just try it! 

Yield - 1 Serving 

Ingredients 
  • 120g - Asparagus 
  • 35g - Butter 
  • 40ml - Double Cream 
  • 20g - Parmesan Cheese 
  • 1 tsp - Thyme
  • Himalayan Salt 
  • Fresh Ground Pepper
Instructions 
  • Chop the Asparagus and place into an oven-proof dish, or tray (you can steam the Asparagus first, or just put it in the oven as it is)
  • Next add the butter, double cream, salt, pepper, and lastly top with the Parmesan cheese.
  • Cook for 25 minutes at 200°c or until the Asparagus is tender. 

Before you serve you could also add some Lemon juice for a little bit of extra zing, this is what I intended to do but simply forgot - I was just too excited to tuck in to my delicious dinner. 


xoxo


KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment