Keto 'Bounty' Chocolate

I have been meaning to try this Keto Bounty Chocolate recipe for some time now, but I find every time I cook I have people hovering over me and watching my every move – which I hate – I prefer a quiet house with no interruptions so I can do my thing and get food creative – which is exactly what I had today, and so I made Keto Bounty Chocolate. Again – like all the recipes on this blog, there were few ingredients used and it was also really simple to make, and tasted really good -- although nothing like the real Bounty chocolate.  So, I got the original recipe from here and then adapted it a little to make it lower carb and fewer calories for you all – basically I halved the original recipe  and replaced the dark chocolate – which I didn't have – with cocoa powder. Simple! 

And here you have it - Keto 'Bounty' Chocolate. 

Keto 'Bounty' Chocolate 

 I do feel like this is more of a fudge than actual chocolate, because I had to use the cocoa powder rather than a bar of dark chocolate -- so maybe I will try it again someday with the dark chocolate and compare both attempts. I was happy with how this turned out -- although I do need to work on presentation and my photography skills (grimace) but a good effort I think. 


Yield 8-10 Servings

Ingredients
  • 45g – Desiccated Coconut
  • 30g Raw Coconut Oil
  • 120g – Double Cream (you can also use coconut milk --this would make it paleo)
  • 2 tsp – Cocoa Powder (or to taste)
  • Low Carb Sweetener

Instructions
  • Place the coconut oil into a saucepan and melt on low heat. When the oil has melted you can take off the heat.
  • Next add the sweetener and double cream, and combine all ingredients thoroughly.
  • You can now add in the cocoa powder and desiccated coconut and combine these ingredients too.
  • Your mixture should be quite liquid and not a mass of coconut at this point – if the mixture has turned thick, you can add in more cream.
  • Place the mixture into a chocolate mould, or container and place in the fridge for an hour (you could also freeze if you prefer)
  • All you have to do now is cut into bars, or bite sized pieces and eat. 
Macros 

1 Serving of Keto 'Bounty' Chocolate


KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment