Indulgent Keto Chocolate Mousse

I just realised that I haven't posted anything on my blog in over a week and as I've been practically bedridden for the last couple of days – climbing a mountain is tough – I thought I would post the recipe for this incredible Chocolate Mousse. This was the second time that I had attempted the Chocolate Mousse –the first time was a good success but the Mousse turned out quite hard, after I refrigerated it and was quite heavy in texture–after my second attempt I realised it was because I hadn't whipped the cream enough –although it still tasted phenomenal. 
Before Keto I wasn't the type of woman who would crave sweets – it was mainly savoury foods such as; pasta, bread, pizza, chips – basically carbs and refined sugar which as we know, is all prohibited on Keto – I assume this is why I have a new found craving for chocolaty desserts and pancakes since I started this lifestyle. This decadent Keto Chocolate Mousse is a; delicious, rich and tasty treat for those sweet cravings we are all prone to, and it’s everything you can ask for in a dessert; chocolaty, smooth, and a pure fatbomb – which is perfect on a Keto diet. In this Keto Chocolate Mousse there is; no added sugar, no eggs, just dairy and cocoa powder, with a hint of coconut. The Chocolate Mousse can either be eaten as a dessert, or used as a frosting on; pancakes, or cakes, etc. – It’s delicious. 
Like every recipe on this blog there are few ingredients required and the instructions are also really simple to follow, which means you can whip this Chocolate Mousse up in no time when ever those sweet cravings strike. 

Keto Chocolate Mousse

So there it is - Keto Chocolate Mousse. I will warn you that for this small amount of Chocolate Mousse it is laden with calories, so if you count calories on Keto then eat this as a treat, or on workout days. Its definitely a rich treat and can be too sickly for some but definitely worth a try. If you are calorie concious then you can take out the small amount of coconut oil that I have added, as it is optional, and doesn't ruin the taste of the mousse. The Chocolate Mousse is very low carb with only 4g Carbs per serving and has a whopping 73g of Fat - told you it was a fatbomb. 

Yield - 1 Serving 

Instructions 
  • 30g - Plain Cream Cheese 
  • 30g Grass-fed Butter 
  • 60ml - Double Cream
  • 1 Tablespoon Raw Cocoa Powder
  • 10g Coconut Oil (Optional)
  • 2 tsp - Low Carb Sweetener 
  • Dessicated Coconut for Garnish (Optional)
Instructions 
  • Mix the butter with a teaspoon of low carb sweetener until the butter is smooth and the sweetener has dissolved. ( it is best to use the butter at room temperature)
  • Next mix the cream cheese and the cocoa powder until its a smooth mass, then combine with the butter 
  • In a separate bowl, or mixer, whip the cream with another teaspoon of low carb sweetener ( I used an aerolatte until the cream was foamy) 
  • Combine the whipped cream with the other mixture - At this point the mixture will start to turn into a frosting/ mousse texture) 
  • Melt the coconut oil and combine with the other ingredients and mix well. 
  • Spoon the mixture into a ramekin, or glass and refrigerate until you want to eat the Chocolate Mousse, or eat it as soon as you have made it. 
Macros
Macro for Keto Chocolate Mousse

xoxo

KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment