High Carb Day - Creamy Tomato & Basil Tagliatelle

For the last three days I have been indulging in some serious high carbs; rice, pasta, sweet potatoes, wholemeal bread – the works, and – for the most part – I've enjoyed it. However, before face-planting a plate of pasta I promised myself that I would eat ‘clean’ carbs throughout this process and that any junk food was a complete no go – this obviously was a complete fail on my part, as within a few hours of being out of Ketosis I scoffed nearly half a tin of biscuits – yes really – I quickly became quite disappointed in myself and felt such shame and regret at the prospect of the food crime that I had just committed. Thankfully I recognised all the feelings and thoughts of my eating disorder before it could fully take a hold of me, but it was awful having those feelings again after being quite secure in both myself and the progress I have made in the last year – it made me realise just how sad I was before I found the myfitnesspal app and the support and encouragement I had from the people I found on that site in order to proceed and continue to be successful with my weight loss – I owe a lot to those people.

However, the main reason for my high carb day(s) were for my muscles – the pain I was getting from working out every day was just unbearable and something had to give – fortunately the high carb day(s) has resolved this issue and it would seem - for now – the glycogen levels have been restored to my sorry muscles. I will be continuing my high carb day(s) until the end of tomorrow (Thursday) and then I will be getting myself back into Ketosis and eating strict Keto until the Summer – not before I finish this high carb day(s) in style by devouring some British Fish ‘n’ Chips – yes go hard, or go home right? I'm also hoping that this four day high carb day(s) will kick-start my weight loss again, as I have been quite unsuccessful with dropping the pounds and inches lately –fingers crossed.
Anyway, all that said and done let’s move on to the awesome pasta dish I made this evening – Creamy tomato and basil pasta – it was awesome – if I do say so myself.  I know this pasta isn't Keto but I thought I would post it anyway because I’m sure I’m not the only person in the world who cheat’s whilst on Keto and needs some decent meal ideas – I know I needed Google to remember what high carb looked like.


The recipe is low calorie and low fat, which is required whilst carrying out a high carb, or carb re-load as it’s known in the body-building world – which I'm most definitely not – however, there are no low fat products used in this dish.


Creamy Tomato & Basil Tagliatelle 


I hadn't even realised just how much I'd missed pasta before I tasted this Creamy Tomato and Basil Tagliatelle this evening - it made my taste buds scream in ecstasy - in other words it was super tasty and I'm glad I made it,  I even have enough left over for Lunch tomorrow. Yay. 
Yield - 1-2 Servings

Ingredients 
  • 150g Tagliatelle 
  • 130g Passata (or you can make your own tomato sauce)
  • 1 tbsp - Double Cream (you can use more for a creamier sauce)
  • Red Bell Pepper 
  • White Onion
  • Garlic 
  • Basil 
  • Parmesan 
  • Himalayan Salt
  • Cracked Black Pepper
Instructions
  • Boil the tagliatelle in a saucepan with the salt until it's cooked to your liking. 
  • When the pasta is boiling, lightly fry the garlic, bell peppers and onion in a frying pan with olive oil
  • Turn down the heat on the frying pan and slowly add the tomato sauce and basil.
  • By this point the pasta should be cooked - add it to the tomato sauce and combine until the pasta is no longer white.
  • Plate up the pasta, season with pepper and parmesan then serve immediately. 
It's as simple as that - I even like my high carb days to be easy and with little ingredients. 

Macro 


Macro for 1 serving of Pasta

xoxo

KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment