Welcome to the Keto Life... My Story!

I realise that I have been posting recipes and haven't even introduced myself, or explained how I came about Keto. So here it goes.

I'm 25 years old and also new to the Keto lifestyle. I have been losing weight and exercising for just over a year, but only recently started Keto a few months ago.  I have so far lost 48lbs, half of which was down to Keto, the other half eating IIFYM ( If It Fits Your Macros) and feeling pretty rubbish most of the time. 
I gained over 50lbs two years ago from binge drinking and developed severe social anxiety, which was mainly down to me worrying about people seeing how big I had got. I'd always had an awful relationship with food growing up,which started in my teens. I was skipping meals, and living off just coffee most days. It was not the way to live and it was getting more and more out of hand. Luckily I found the Myfitnesspal app last year, which saved me from relapsing back into depression and continuing with my ED ways. Whilst I was not completely using the app in a healthy way at the start, I began to eat more and exercise more, and slowly started to develop a healthy relationship with food for the first time in my life.
 I've now been doing Keto since Novemeber 2013 and have developed a passion for the natural, unprocessed way of eating, and the health benefits that I have gained from it. I found that when I am in ketosis for long periods of time, I have loads of energy, I'm less groggy and feel like nothing can touch me. I now want to share what I have learned over the months and the recipes I have created with whomever chooses to read this blog, if anyone at all.  I will also be documenting my weightloss journey and the trials and tribulations it brings along with it, along with anything else that I feel like blogging. 

Something to keep in mind...



"Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals".- Martin Luther King

Until next time...


xoxo

KetoStyle  

No comments:

Post a Comment