Cocoa Powder Pancakes, with Strawberry Protein Powder Buttercream

I have been looking forward to posting this pancake recipe ever since I made them this morning, and I didn't even have a blog this morning! It just says it all really.....I created this blog especially for these pancakes! There I admit it, and do you blame me? Look at them, a tower of pure joy.


Cocoa Powder Pancakes, with Strawberry Protein Powder 

 I wasn't even out of bed 10 mins before I started making these, I was that excited to try this wonderful, deliciousness. 

Do you want to know the best part? You can eat these and still lose weight! Shocking right? Well, with a decent calorie deficit of course, but whose counting. 

So do you want the recipe?

Of course you do.





Ingredients 
  • 1-2 tsp of Organic raw Cocoa Powder - I use Green & Blacks 
  • 2 - Free range eggs 
  • 20g Coconut Flour - I use the brand Tiana. 
  • Unsweetened Almond Milk 
  • 20g - Butter 
  • 20g - Double Cream 
  • 1/2 scoop - Strawberry Protein Powder - I use Myprotein Whey Powder - Strawberry & Cream (amazing)
  • 1/8 tsp - Himalayan Salt 
  • 1/2 square of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate 
  • Strawberry to garnish (optional)
  • Coconut Oil 

Instructions 
Makes 5-6 Pancakes,

  • Beat the eggs with the Himalayan salt until their nice and frothy.
  • Add the coconut flour and whisk into the eggs until smooth, its easier to add a bit at a time.
  •  Next add in the cocoa powder and thoroughly combine with the rest of the batter, at this point the batter will be thick so add in as much almond milk as you feel necessary. 
  • Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan on a low to medium heat, when the oil starts bubbling, slowly add the batter. 
  • Melt the chocolate in a microwavable dish, or container for short bursts until its completely melted. Don't leave it unattended, or on a high heat, otherwise it will burn. You could also place it in a bowl over hot water, if you don't own a microwave.
  • Melt the butter in a pan, or microwave and then add the double cream and protein powder until the cream forms stiff peaks. 
  • Now all you have to do is spread the pancakes with the cream and stack them.
  • Drizzle with the chocolate and garnish with the strawberry. 


Serve and enjoy!! 


Nutrition

Macro for 1 Individual Pancake


xoxo

KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment