Banana & Mixed Nut Pancakes, with Peanut Butter.

I absolutely love Sunday's - make that, lazy sunday's in bed! You just can't beat them! Do you want to know what makes them even better?....You guessed it.... Pancakes!! And these pancakes will blow.your.mind! 

I cook all my pancakes with organic coconut flour - I get mine from here. Its full of; healthy fats and saturated fats, it's perfect for low carb cooking, and smells divine. For those of you who aren't familiar with coconut flour, its a little different to normal flour - OK. Make that a lot different. I mean it is the meat of a coconut and it drinks liquid like a dehydrated camel, which makes it tricky for beginners to use. I don't even know how many times I've had to throw batter out from it being too eggy, or too dry, and it's not exactly cheap to keep throwing away. So after using countless recipes that I found on the internet, and having each and everyone fail. I decided to come up with my own. I would just like to add that I have shared this recipe with quite a few people, both from Instagram and Myfitnesspal, all of which have had success with it. Which I found very appeasing. :)

Firstly, these are not very low carb pancakes. However, I eat about 40g of carbs a day and have fit them into my macro's, whilst eating vegetarian foods. Just saying.
They also weigh in at at a whopping 843 calories for the entire batch. So if you count calories on Keto, these are probably not for you.  Although, you can use less nuts, peanut butter and coconut oil to reduce the calories and carbs,  or unlike me....share the pancakes out, between 2, or more people - that's up to you. For me, that's just not an option lol. 

On that note...

The great unveiling.....drum roll please!!!

Banana & Mixed Nut Pancakes, with Peanut Butter

Don't they look just simply amazing?  


Inside the pancakes. 


Do you want to know the best part about this recipe? There's hardly any ingredients and they're really easy to make. You will find this pattern with most of my recipes. I just hate it when you find a recipe you like and there's about 50 ingredients on the page, 40 of which you have never heard of. 

I like to keep it simple. Now on that note....

Ingredients

Yield - 5 pancakes. 

You can adjust the toppings to suit your own taste. 
  • 20g Coconut Flour 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 45g Frozen Banana 
  • 2 Tbls Unsweetened Almond Milk.
  • 45g Peanut Butter 
  • 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt 
  • 30 Chopped Mixed Nuts ( Extra for Garnish)
  • 1/2 square of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate (or any dark chocolate of choice)
  • Coconut Oil (I don't weigh this out)
NB: Above I mentioned a frozen banana, the reason for this is that when a frozen banana defrosts it leaves a delicious, natural syrup that not only will help flavour the batter, but also will add liquid if the batter is too thick. 

Instructions 

This recipe can serve 2 people, but if your greedy like me... then eat em all up yourself!
  • Beat two eggs in a bowl with the Himalayan salt until their frothy.
  • Add the coconut flour to the eggs a little bit at a time, and combine until the batter is smooth.
  • Next toss in the banana and nuts and thoroughly mix into the pancake batter.  
  • If the batter is too thick, you can add the milk. If not, it is not essential. 
  • Heat the coconut oil in a non stick frying pan. When it starts to bubble, slowly add the batter.
  • When the pancakes are cooking, if you have chosen to use the chocolate you can melt this in the microwave on a low heat.
  • After the pancakes are cooked, stack them and top with peanut butter.
  • Add nuts to garnish and drizzle with the chocolate 
Serve and Enjoy! 

Macros

Macros for 1 Pancake. 

Macro for 5 Pancakes.
The above macro is for 1 individual pancake. Like I mentioned above, these are not very low carb pancakes and if you count calories on Keto, then they may not be for you. 

xoxo

KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment