Oh So Tired....High Carb Days Are Not For Me.

I have been super tired this week, even more tired than last week which is something. I've lacked motivation for any workout, I've been lethargic and groggy, and I've probably only slept for 10 hours the entire week.
 I think it all started when I incorporated CKD into my lifestyle, because before then I had more energy than a Duracell bunny on acid. I could sleep 2 hours a night and then start my workout within an hour of being awake.  For anyone who doesn't know – CKD is basically a day, or a few days a week where you eat complex carbs and limited fat within a certain time-frame. The glycogen refuels the muscles, therefore benefiting the person in their higher intensity workouts. However, if more carbs are consumed than what is needed to refuel the glycogen levels, then it could turn to fat. 
Well, that’s the basis of it. You can check out a more in depth explanation in the link above. 

Monday is usually the day which I eat higher carb – It’s my weigh day, so when better to have a ‘cheat day’. Most people don’t understand when I use the term ‘cheat day’ to define a higher carb day, because I still eat healthy foods. I don’t use the day to over indulge in junk food – although I did for the first two weeks of CKD, and felt like absolute rubbish. Now I just stick with healthy carbs; Oats, muesli, sweet potatoes, etc. But even this is slowly wearing me down. I'm not sure if it’s the constant process of being in and out of Ketosis that is making me feel tired all the time, but I can only assume that it is, as I felt great when I was constantly in Ketosis, which is why I have decided to scrap the high carb day this Monday and carry on with Ketosis, to see if I feel any different. Hopefully I can get my workouts back to being more consistent too -  as of lately I have struggled to get passed Tuesday without feeling completely exhausted, and suffering with extreme muscle aches, so I think it’s for the best. However, I will miss all the yummy, muesli and porridge that I've been eating. :( 

xoxo

KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment