Who Needs Burger Buns...Coconut Flour Bread

Yesterday I fancied a burger for dinner, but not the usual low carb burger that I see around Instagram and the internet where there's lettuce leaves to act as the 'bun' - I've tried this a few times and it while it may look good, as soon as you get stuck in all turns messy and annoying to eat - no, this burger needed something that was going to hold a burger and all its trimmings, I needed something that I could hold in my hand and not have it fall apart on me, something that could satisfy my taste buds and also my burger cravings. That's when it hit me - why not use my pancake bread recipe for the bun - so yesterday for dinner,  I made a delicious vegetarian burger, with all the typical burger trimmings and I was able to hold it in my hand and enjoy every single last bite. You don't believe me, I have photographic evidence - look. 

Hand Held Burger 
Yup. I was pretty impressed too and I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. This bread recipe - which I have posted a few times on this blog, is very simple, easy to cook and can also be prepared beforehand - as I found out yesterday, although it could have done with being heated up - but I'll remember that for next time. Actually, this burger was so impressive it even made my parents want it - which is always a surprise since they still think the way I eat is unhealthy, I just can't get through to them. 

One Vegetarian Burger with all the Trimmings
As it was dinner I needed something to pair the burger with and since I was nearly out of my carb limit for the day, sweet potato, or butternut squash was out of the equation, so I went with Broccoli - quite a weird vegetable to eat with a burger right? but when boiled and roasted in oregano and olive oil, its pretty darn good. 
Vegetarian Burger in Coconut Flour Bread 
Are you sold on this idea now? I know I am - I will never eat another bunless burger ever again, this is definitely my future. For the bread recipe please go to my previous post for coconut flour bread and then use your favourite burger trimmings and enjoy! I would love to here what you think of it, so please leave a comment and also feel free to pin my recipes. 

KetoStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment