Banana, Blueberry & Almond Quiche

Yes. You read it right - Banana, Blueberry & Almond Quiche. I've never seen a sweet quiche before - not that I've looked online, but I was quite pleased when I came up with this recipe last night - yes I often lay in bed at night dreaming up new recipes for my low carb lifestyle, I just love food since I've become low carb and I can't seem to get enough of it. Anyway, while these Banana, Blueberry and Almond Quiche were sweet, there was 0 sugar added to them by me, all the sweeteness came from the Banana. However,  while I may have found these quiche sweet enough, for anyone with a sweet tooth I would recommend adding some low carb sweetener to the mix before cooking - I added a little raw maple syrup with some natural yogurt - amazing!!


Banana, Blueberry & Almond Quiche 

The smell that filled my house this morning was just simply divine - like freshly baked banana bread, it had me wishing I could be more creative with coconut flour and make some proper banana bread muffins - maybe one day this week.

The best thing about these little quiche is that they can be eaten at any time of the day - Breakfast, Snacks, you could even serve them for dessert with a little whipped cream - I would be happy if I was served these at a dinner party, and I'm not just saying it because it's my recipe - they truly were delicious.

Anyway, I think I've waffled on enough - now for the recipe

Yield - 4

Ingredients
  • 3 - Free Range Eggs 
  • 50g - Banana 
  • 50g Blueberries 
  • 20g - Flaked Almonds 
  • 4 tbsp Double Cream 
  • Low Carb Sweetener - optional 
Instructions

  • Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and place them in separate bowls 
  • With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with the sweetener until their thick and frothy 
  • Do the same with the egg yolks 
  • In a blender, blend the banana into a purée, then fold into the egg whites  - do the same with the egg yolk, blueberries and almond flakes.
  • Next spoon the mixture evenly into muffin cases, add the double cream, and place the quiche into a pre-heated oven for 30-40 mins on a low heat - 175f - if your quiche start to brown too quickly, turn the heat down again.

And there you have it - another simple, but delicious recipe.

Enjoy !

Ketostyle

No comments:

Post a Comment