Coffee & Walnut Waffles with Chocolate Coconut Cream

Since I was given my waffle maker for Easter by my Grandparents,  all I have done is make waffles for breakfast - gone are the days standing over a hot stove flipping pancakes - waffles are the way forward and they take no longer than 10 minutes to make- easy peasy. I have come up with some great waffle toppings lately, but this coffee and walnut recipe was one of my favourites, and topped with the chocolate coconut cream - I could have cried they made me that happy.

Coffee & Walnut Waffles, with Chocolate Coconut Cream
Heaven on a plate these waffles were and they were super low carb to go with it - about 8g. 
 So do you want the recipe? Ohhh go on then.

Ingredients 
  • 1 - Free Range Egg 
  • 20g Coconut Flour
  • 2 tsp - Coffee Granules
  • Walnuts - as many as you like
  • 60-100ml -Almond Milk
  • 1/4 tsp - Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Lindt Square (Optional)
  • 1 tsp- Cocoa Powder
  • Unsalted Butter, or Coconut Oil
Instructions
  • Heat up your Waffle Maker 
  • Beat the egg in a bowl and gradually add in the coconut flour and baking powder, then add in the almond milk and combine until the batter is smooth and lump free 
  • Add in the coffee and mix until there is no remaining coffee granules
  • Next crush the walnuts into smaller pieces and add those into the batter too.
  • Melt the butter, or oil in the microwave and whisk into the pancake batter
  • Grease the waffle maker thoroughly then spoon in your batter starting from the centre. 
  • When the waffles are cooking melt the chocolate in the microwave, on a low heat 
  • Combine the cocoa powder with the coconut cream 
  • Plate the waffles, top with the cream and drizzle with the chocolate
  • Enjoy!!
It's really just that simple!
Feel free to pin any of my recipes and leave a comment - I look forward to hearing from you. 

Until next time...

Ketostyle

No comments:

Post a Comment