Anyone for Hot Dogs? Sausages in an Omelette Wrap

Now and again I get a craving for things that are not so good for me - sometimes I cave and other times I find an alternative, this was one of those times. These Hot Dogs were pretty good and I added all the usual Hot Dog trimmings, the only difference was - they were in an omelette wrap instead of your usual Hot Dog bun, and I must say...they turned out great! The best part about these Hot Dogs was that they were very easy to eat and weren't messy -much - they are also pretty straight forward to make - if you can make an omelette, you can make these Hot Dogs. My Hot Dogs - like everything else on this blog - were vegetarian, but for all you meat lovers out there you can obviously use which ever type of sausage you prefer and that way it will be even more low carb than mine - maybe even 0 carb. I also topped these Hot Dogs with my Homemade Tomato Ketchup, which I made back in January from The Ketodiet app - although it tastes my version tastes more like Brown sauce - no idea why.

Sausage in Omelette with Toppings 
I'm quite pleased with my idea - I'm not sure if its been done before but the ideas I have genuinely come from my own nogging, if its already out there its nothing I've seen before - scouts honour. I actually had this idea after my Strawberry Egg Wraps, which I made a few months ago - I figured if I could use Strawberries, then I could use Sausages, and I was right. 

Hot Dogs in an Omelette Wrap
I know I'm not impressing you with my photography skills with these images - I'm not impressing myself if I'm honest, but all the photos on my blog are taken with my own fair hands - my Ipad to be precise, I'm just too lazy to charge my camera - I'd rather cook instead - hehe. 

Inside of the Omelette Wrap.
I guess you could even make the omelettes smaller and use them like an actual Hot Dog bun, rather than a wrap. 

Yield - 1-2 Servings 
Ingredients
  • 2 - Free Range Eggs 
  • 2 - Sausages - I used Quorn Vegetarian Sausages which have 5g carbs each.
  • Chives
  • Mustard
  • Ketchup
  • Fried Onions 
  • Cheddar 
  • Unsalted butter, or Ghee. 
  • Himalayan Salt 

Instructions 
  • Heat a non stick frying pan on a low heat,  with oil and beat the eggs in a bowl with the chives and salt 
  • Place half the mixture into the frying pan and whisk until the bottom of the omelette is cooked, when the top looks less runny - flip. Do the same for the other omelette and then place them on a cooling rack
  • Cook your sausages and onions in a frying pan, then place on the omelette top with your ingredients and Enjoy! 
Another easy, simple recipe for all you busy Ketoers. 

Ketostyle

No comments:

Post a Comment